This website may collect both personally identifiable information and non-personal information from you.
- Personally Identifiable Information. You are not required to provide us with your personally identifiable information (such as your name, birthday, address, telephone number, email address, etc.) to read most of the site content. We may collect personally identifiable information about you when you submit comments in response to one of our articles, register to receive information from us, submit an email or letter to us through the site, enter a contest, respond to a survey, make a submission, email us, purchase a product or service through the site, or whenever we inform you that you must submit personally identifiable information. Without this information, we would not be able to respond to your questions, inquiries, entries and requests. Please also note that features of the site, such as ads and blogs, may be operated by third parties. These third parties may also obtain personally identifiable information from you to utilize their services. Please check other entities’ privacy policies for information about their privacy practices. Third parties may provide your personally identifiable information to The East Coast Life.
- Non-Personal Information. Non-personal information, such as which pages on the site are visited, what content is downloaded, what browser type and operating system are being used, which internet service provider is being used, and other general information may be collected about visitors to the site. This information does not allow us to personally identify the site visitor. By collecting this information we are able to better develop our site.
- INFORMATION COLLECTION PROCEDURES
Personally identifiable information is collected when submitted by you. Personally identifiable information may also be collected when you include it as part of a comment, letter, submission or entry that you submit to us. Your personally identifiable information may be collected by third party service providers and then forwarded to The East Coast Life by the third party. Non-personal information may be collected via “cookies,” “web beacons,” or other technology.
- HOW WE UTILIZE YOUR INFORMATION
- Links to Advertisers and Other Third Parties. Please be aware that The East Coast Life’s advertisers, partners, sponsors, service providers and other third parties accessible via this site (such as via links from this site and/or framed on this site) may have their own privacy practices. The East Coast Life is not responsible for any actions or policies of any third parties. Please verify the applicable privacy policies of all third parties when providing your information to them. Third parties may provide the personally identifiable information that they gather to The East Coast Life, and may also use the information as described in their privacy practices.
- Other Third Parties. The East Coast Life contracts with third party providers, such as attorneys, accountants and other professionals, to perform various functions. The East Coast Life may be required to provide personal and/or non-personal information of yours to these third parties. However, all other third parties not linked from the site are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any other purpose than providing services to The East Coast Life.
- Public Forum. The East Coast Life site is a public forum. Any submission, comment, ad, email, entry, or other submission, all information in your submission may be published to our readers and the general public. Please use discretion when making submissions to us. Please note, most such submissions are not reviewed before publication. We are unable to read, respond to, or honor any requests for privacy or confidentiality that are included with a submission, or at any time.
- Other Uses. In addition, The East Coast Life may use or disclose personal or non-personal information: (i) in cases where we believe in good faith that it is necessary to prevent a crime, damage, or financial loss to ourselves or to third parties; (ii) to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of this site; (iii) pursuant to a competent court order, warrant, subpoena, discovery request, or as required by any statute; (iv) in conjunction with the sale, or offering for sale, partial or total assets of The East Coast Life; (v) in the event of The East Coast Life’s bankruptcy, assignment for the benefit of creditors, or similar circumstances; and/or (vi) when you have been given notice of the possibility of use or disclosure of the information, at or prior to, the time of collection.
- SECURITY COMMITMENT
We have instituted procedures that we find appropriate to safeguard and help avoid unauthorized access, maintain data security, and properly use the information we collect. Please note, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases or site, nor can we guarantee that information will not be improperly viewed and/or collected while being sent via the internet. To utilize certain features of this site, you may be required to create an account with us. For your security, this account will only be accessible by means of a password or similar protective means.
The East Coast Life does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 through this site unless such collection is done in accordance with applicable laws. If you are a minor under the age of 13 that intends to submit information to The East Coast Life via this site, you must obtain your parent or legal guardian’s consent prior to your submission. If The East Coast Life obtains information that you are a minor under the age of 13, The East Coast Life may require that you (and/or your parent or legal guardian) confirm to us your prior parental or legal guardian’s consent. We request that all minors under the age of 18 obtain parental or legal guardian consent prior to the submission of information, or purchase through this Site.
- YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND “OPT OUT” PROCEDURES
To access or edit personal information we have collected, or if you desire to “opt out” of our collection, maintenance or release of any other information, please email us at email@example.com. Please contact third parties to edit information that you have provided to them. Their policies will determine your ability to change access or information they have collected about you.
- PARENTAL OPTIONS AND REVIEW